Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Sobering Realization


So a couple days ago I was sitting in the church conference room, alone, just typing up stuff on my computer and going about my business when a sudden realization hit me like a ton of bricks. This was it: "You're not even supposed to be here." It made me a bit emotional. I could feel the Holy Spirit's presence. And the voice in my head was right. I wasn't supposed to be there. I am not supposed to be where I am today.

The sudden realization of all that God has blessed me with is sobering. When I was eight I was diagnosed with a disease that was supposed to leave me both blind and deaf.  So this is my literal train of thought, sitting there in this conference room: Now... If God had not worked a miracle in my life and healed me of that incurable disease, then I would be blind and deaf right now. I would not be sitting in this church room, working; I would not have an associates degree; I would not have met this amazing girl; I wouldn't be able to hear the voices of the ones I love or see their faces; I wouldn't be able to drive; I wouldn't be able to minister to so many people the way I have; I would not be able to be independent, but would rely solely on others for my day-to-day needs, and on, and on, and on...
Needless to say, it was a freakishly sobering moment in which I saw everything that would have never been, but for the fact that God blessed me. 

My question to you is... What blessings has God given you? Evaluate them and try to think what would have been, or what would have never been but for the fact that God blessed you.

This was just a thought that I wanted to share with all of you. Think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment